CASH AND CASH EQUIVALENTS
1. Bank reconciliation: Adjustments from bank balance: Deposits in transit, outstanding checks. Adjustments from book balance: Deposits not recorded, not sufficient fund (NSF) checks, bank service charges.
2. Accounts receivable: Recording accounts receivable. Collection of accounts receivable
3. Allowance for doubtful accounts: Contra-asset account subtracted from accounts receivable
4. Aging schedule of accounts receivable: Apply different rates of estimated bad debts to accounts receivable based on how long the balances have been outstanding.
5. Journal entries to record the estimated amount of bad debts, write-off of accounts receivable, collection from previously written-off balances
6. Notes receivable: Receipt of notes receivable, interest receivable, collection of notes receivable